Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gol and the Cart Updates



This week I focused on the big guy Gol - getting his rig finalized and working with facial expressions. One thing I had neglected until recently was the cart he's pulling. I also made sure everything was UV'ed so I can move on to texturing for the next week. Below are some images of the progress I've made. The small character Dav is also rigged, but I can't find where I saved the file. }:(
This is me messing with the blend shape contorls the get some expression from Gol. Next up are facial control curves.


This image shows some of the weight painting for the character. With this model I have separate pieces for the body and the tunic, with the skeleton affecting both simultaneously.

This shows a line-up of the blend shapes I will be working on. Since I don't have a separate head, I had to duplicate the entire body mesh, even though I'm only affecting the face.

This is the rig for Gol. Nothing too crazy. Dav's rig is basically identical, only scaled to a smaller size.



Above are some shots of the cart. All that's left to do with it is texture it. It's movement is done with parent constraints, without the need of any rigging. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment